I Heart New York
Hi all!! I'm back from a short but amazing trip to the big apple. I went to NY from Friday to Monday to visit my dear friend Cindy who lives there. It was an awesome trip. I had a blast. Thanks to our amazing tour guide and pseudo new yorker Livy and her newly new yorker sister Cindy, I saw a part of New York I had never seen: the real New York (bear in mind that when I saw New York I mean Manhattan). We went everywhere: Little Italy, Chinatown, SoHo, the financial distrcit (including Ground Zero and Century 21), Greenwhich Village, Central Park, 5th Avenue, Broadway, Times Square, etc. It was awesome. I wish i could have stayed a bit longer. Here are some highlights from the trip:Went to see Chicago - Incredible. And so much fun! What a genious Fossee was. I love the
Fossee jazz technique.
Took a sightseeing ferry ride - How nice it is to see the city form afar.
Went to Lucky Cheng's - a restaurant where the waiters are drag queens so they're not really waiters but waitresses, and don't you forget that honey! It was really, really cool. We all (but 1 person) had a blast. It was incredibly fun. I had never been to one of those. Two things happened here: it was here where I envied the body of a man because he had the best female body and the best strut I have ever seen (I hate you Ava) and it was also here where I saw the best oriental drag lap dancer (she was a definite pro). And Trixie was so, so, so, so fucking cute. Goddamn! I hope to God he's straight because if not we're all lost. I had a poolboy all for me :)
http://www.planetluckychengs.com/
Went to a Cuban cuisine restaurant - Good Lord that rice and black beans was good! I ate it with a slice of avocado. Yum-o!
Went to the top of the Rockefeller Center - What a beautiful view. Just like I remebered it :)
Went to Ground Zero- where the twin towers used to be. What an eerie sensation it was to go there. It has this weird energy about it. Its heavy and dense. People were very quiet around this site. I felt angry for many reasons one of them being that that U.S. has not learned anything from this horrible event. Read a sticker that said "When will this stop being a whole in the ground?"
Went to H&M on 5th Avenue - Why don't they open one in Orlando? Fuckers.
Strolled down 5th Avenue - Back off. A girl can dream, ok?
Walked through Central Park- Note to self: schedule a whole day for Central Park next time I visit NY.
Saw an original Carrie walking the streets of SoHo- how can she walk the city with those needle point heels? She looked like a doll. Very cute, very well put together.
Went gorcery shopping - experienced NY at its finest. Can new yorkers be any more impatient and rude?
Realized that flats, skirts and skinny jeans are more "in" than I thought they were.
Saw an original Chanel purse - wanted to kill the bitch that had it. Stupid spoiled fucking rich teenagers...
Bought two dresses at H&M on 5th Avenue - one reminded me of Chanel and YSL and one that reminded me of Michael Kors. I might never wear them (where else do I go but to Wal-Mart and the mall?) but I had to have them. Also bought a purse (small, green), jean bermudas (sooo sailor-ish cute), and 2 sets of earings. Hi, my name is Vivian and I'm a shopaholic.
And it was Fleet Week!! What are the odds of us going on fleet week? Manhattan was full of sailors. All uniformed in impeccable white. Yum. We were able to repeat that famous Sex and the City quote incessantly because it fitted perfectly many a time.
Quote:
Samantha: Ladies! Seamen, twelve o'clock!
Miranda: I pray when I turn around there are sailors, because with her, you never know.
It was an amazing trip. Short but sweet. Thank you Cindy for letting us crash in your apartment and for beieng always so sweet. Thank you Livy for the freebies and for being the best tour guide anyone could ask for. You're a new yorker at heart, I know it :)

2 Comments:
Que bueno que dte divertiste mucho Vivi. Wow todo eso en tan poquito tiempo! Imaginate que deleite para aquellos que viven ahi. Ahi se puede hacer de todo y uno nunca se cansaria...mas que Samantha con su comentario de "Same York" jijiiji... planea pa'la proxima .. aunque sea de aui a 5 years ok.. çause all the boobies might go !!!
By
K, At
7:45 AM
Pues cuando quieran ir me dicen que yo me apunto! Me gusta Manhattan para visitar. Es muy interesante y tiene un "vibe" cool. I liked it. Asi que cuando quieran ir me avisan, ok?
By
Viv, At
8:17 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home