Within Me, Without Me

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Proenza Pour Target N'est Pas Pour Moi



Ok. So tell me why do the clothes that they designed for Target don't look anything like this. I'm not expecting A+ quality or even design (I know its mass maket) but I was expecting to see a connection between the runway and the target collection if not in terms of design per se and fabric at least in terms of lines. Yes, there's the purple tube 80's skirt that resembles the line of the skirt in the 1st pic and some white flowy skirts that resemble the line of the the white skirt but nothing else. The only thing that saves this collection, in my opinion, is the purple bustier dress, which is not yet available in stores mind you. I think that this is the only piece that truly says "Proenza Schouler". The rest might very well say "Forever 21". Maybe its because the Target line is aimed towards a younger public. Could be...
Well, here's my review:
Blah. The tube skirts don't fit well (at least on me). The striped shirts are almost see through. Nothing interesting. The long sleeved shirts don't look amazing. I didn't like the fabrics in general. I'm pretty sure these will be on the sales rack soon. I like Isaac's line better. Much better.

Well this is my review. Maybe as time passes by they'll bring something that makes me say "ooohhh" but I don't think so. I've already seen the looks on the tv commercial and at Target.com and nothing seems to be extraordinary.

The shopping experience was another thing. I thought that I was going to encounter a crowd of girls all looking for something Proenza to take with them but nope. Nothing of that sort. Just a few girls all dressed in typical trendy clothes (i.e. skinny jeans and flats or Victoria's Secret sweats). There were a few, but not many. I expected more. One of them said "I guess everyone knows, huh?". Of course everyone knows. Its on TV! I forgave her because she was blond.

For those who are wondering, I just bought the mustard yellow (Proenza) shirt which I think would look cool with black bras underneath (its see through). Nothing more.

V.

9 Comments:

  • Pues fijate Vivi, I didn't think the line for Target was -that- bad. You have to keep in mind that they have to make do with the materials that Target can afford/make available for them. I honestly think they did pretty good with what they had available. It couldn't be worse than Behnaz Sarafpour's line which was (I think) quite a letdown. (And for me to say that is harsh, because I usually I adore whatever Behnaz comes up with.)

    By Blogger Stella, At 2:47 PM  

  • Pues fijate Vivi, I didn't think the line for Target was -that- bad. You have to keep in mind that they have to make do with the materials that Target can afford/make available for them. I honestly think they did pretty good with what they had available. It couldn't be worse than Behnaz Sarafpour's line which was (I think) quite a letdown. (And for me to say that is harsh, because I usually I adore whatever Behnaz comes up with.)

    By Blogger Stella, At 2:50 PM  

  • Pues fijate Vivi, I didn't think the line for Target was -that- bad. You have to keep in mind that they have to make do with the materials that Target can afford/make available for them. I honestly think they did pretty good with what they had available. It couldn't be worse than Behnaz Sarafpour's line which was (I think) quite a letdown. (And for me to say that is harsh, because I usually I adore whatever Behnaz comes up with.)

    By Blogger Stella, At 2:53 PM  

  • Pues fijate Vivi, I didn't think the line for Target was -that- bad. You have to keep in mind that they have to make do with the materials that Target can afford/make available for them. I honestly think they did pretty good with what they had available. It couldn't be worse than Behnaz Sarafpour's line which was (I think) quite a letdown. (And for me to say that is harsh, because I usually I adore whatever Behnaz comes up with.)

    By Blogger Stella, At 2:57 PM  

  • Pues fijate Vivi, I didn't think the line for Target was -that- bad. You have to keep in mind that they have to make do with the materials that Target can afford/make available for them. I honestly think they did pretty good with what they had available. It couldn't be worse than Behnaz Sarafpour's line which was (I think) quite a letdown. (And for me to say that is harsh, because I usually I adore whatever Behnaz comes up with.)

    By Blogger Stella, At 3:01 PM  

  • Pues fijate Vivi, I didn't think the line for Target was -that- bad. You have to keep in mind that they have to make do with the materials that Target can afford/make available for them. I honestly think they did pretty good with what they had available. It couldn't be worse than Behnaz Sarafpour's line which was (I think) quite a letdown. (And for me to say that is harsh, because I usually I adore whatever Behnaz comes up with.)

    By Blogger Stella, At 3:10 PM  

  • Pues fijate Vivi, I didn't think the line for Target was -that- bad. You have to keep in mind that they have to make do with the materials that Target can afford/make available for them. I honestly think they did pretty good with what they had available. It couldn't be worse than Behnaz Sarafpour's line which was (I think) quite a letdown. (And for me to say that is harsh, because I usually I adore whatever Behnaz comes up with.)

    By Blogger Stella, At 3:16 PM  

  • Pues fijate Vivi, I didn't think the line for Target was -that- bad. You have to keep in mind that they have to make do with the materials that Target can afford/make available for them. I honestly think they did pretty good with what they had available. It couldn't be worse than Behnaz Sarafpour's line which was (I think) quite a letdown. (And for me to say that is harsh, because I usually I adore whatever Behnaz comes up with.)

    By Blogger Stella, At 3:17 PM  

  • Yeah, you're right. But I still think that it could have been better. It could have looked more Proenza and less Forever 21, you know? Anyway, I'll let you know hoe\w that purple dress looks whenever I see it :)

    By Blogger Viv, At 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home