


So today Sylvia and I went to the Rez. Its basically a lake where you can canoe (sp?), kayak, have a picnic, play volleyball and climb an army- training-like climbing wall. Its pretty nice and super calm (at least today it was). The place is property of FSU and its free for all FSU students. I hate that the place is called the Rez (short for reservation), I know it goes with the whole Seminole theme but I think its disrespectful. Sure its the place where the Seminoles (as in FSU students) go to have fun, but who really likes to go or be in a reservation? Are reservations supposed to be fun places? Ask a Seminole indian or any other Native American of any other tribe and see what he/she has to say about reservations. But name aside, the experience was very relaxing and super nice. Of course, I totally freaked out when I saw something jump into the water but nothing happened. Apparently (luckily!) no gator was hungry today. Or maybe they were too hot to make the effort to eat. Think there are not gators at the Rez? See the first pic. Looks like gator heaven to me!
6 Comments:
Ke lugar mas misterioso...no me gustan los lagos, me dan un poco de cagueras...uno nunca sabe lo ke se esconde ahi debajo!!!
Uy, y ke haces tu otra vez por las floridas??? No vais a venir en agosto a las españas???
By
Unknown, At
2:09 PM
Lakes, uh, I don't like lakes, but I think it's nice that your uni has a place for students to chill...igualito que el colegio! Ha!
Btw, I agree with your comment that the name is disrespectful.
By
Stella, At
4:59 PM
Ah, supongo ke sabias ke los Seminolas compraron la cadena de Hard Rock Cafe y que poseen varios casinos verdad?
Ya ves, pobrecitos no son...
By
Unknown, At
1:11 PM
Pues a mi tampoco me gustan los lagos. They're yucky. El agua es negruzca y el fondo es fangoso y hay algas negras. Yuck! I'm more of a sea person. Como es eso de que los Seminoles compraron Hard Rock Cafe? Se que en las reservaciones hay muchos casinos y mucha venta de alcohol y cigarrillos porque no aplican los taxes federales. Pero que compraron esa cadena? de verdad? Si es asi pues tienes razon, pobrecitos nos son.
Estoy en Fla porque tengo que cojer unas clases ridiculas estupidas malditas de verano para poder dar clases en la univ como TA el semestre que viene. Una mierda. Preferiria estar en mi casita. Y sip, en Agosto voy para alla con papa y mama. Dami se queda cojiendo clases en la univ y cuidando al Cobonci que el pobrecito no se puede quedar con nadie mas que con nosotros primero porque no hay nadie mas y segundo porque esta demasiado mimoso, viejito y ñoño. Es un bebe.
Stella: The place is nice but not super nice. But yeah, at least there's a place where we can go and hang out in a natural setting.I wish Colegio had the things that universities over here have like an awesome gym and a kick-ass student center but... we all know the rest...
Besos!
By
Viv, At
5:40 PM
Ke es TA? Teacher assistant, teacher Alpha, teacher adult, teacher artistic...???
Ah, conseguistes las entradas para ver la Alhambra??? ahora está nominada para ser una de las 7 nuevas maravillas del mundo. Compite con la torre de Eiffel, con la muralla china, la estatua de la libertad(?), el Taj mahal de la india...y no me acuerdo ke mas. Se vota por internet, telefono o sms..el día 10 de julio creo ke es el día ke se decide...
By
Unknown, At
12:42 PM
You got it! TA = Teaching Assistant.
No se lo de las taquillas de la Alhambra porque papa me dijo qu se encargaria de eso. Aunque nunca viene mal recordarselo. Hmmm...creo que le voy a mandar un e mail.
By
Viv, At
11:01 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home