Within Me, Without Me

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Goodbye to another goddess

I went to Walgreens this Tuesday and as I was reading Newsweek I noticed a teeny tiny pic with the following footnote: "Darcey Bussell takes her final bow". Great sadness overcame me. Such an amazing dancer, such a great figure in the world of dance and so little recognition. Some recognition is better than none, but why not a pic a little bit bigger? Oh well, I guess Paris Hilton getting out of jail is more important than pretty much anything else. Bussell's last performance took place in Covent Garden last month and, like Ferri's, it made headlines. She is still in her prime but decided to retire to dedicate more time to her family. Another great dancer who will be missed.

Bussell's farewell:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvNRARXSZGw

Pics of the farewell:
http://www.dance.net/topic/6133525/1/Ballet-Photos-Misc/Darcey-Bussell-Dedication.html

As Aurora in the Rose Adagio (Sleeping Beauty):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psiR7HuY2SM

2 Comments:

  • Ah si he oido ke han comprado la bolsa de basura de Paris Hilton por unos mil dolares....Esto significa ke hay gente mas gilipoyas ke ella en este mundo...

    Cuanta balerina retirada ultimamente no??

    By Blogger Unknown, At 6:12 AM  

  • La bolsa de basura de la Hilton? Quien compra basura? Que idiotez.

    Pues si, este año se han retirado varias bailarinas. Hay una del New York City Ballet (Kyra Nichols) que tambien se retiro este año y otra del San Francisco Ballet (Muriel Maffre). Es triste que las bailarinas se tengan que retirar tan jovenes.

    By Blogger Viv, At 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home