The Way Life Goes...
I often find myself trying to invest some time in building up my social life, which is non-existent. You know, trying to make friendships and to show myself somewhere other than at the university. And so, I went to a friend's birthday just the other day. We went to a restaurant, a nice restaurant, nearby and just had a sort of get together. You know, just sit around a table and nibble and chill. It is just at times like this when I realize why I'm not a people person. People bore me. They always talk about the same things! For some reason, the women around me always end up talking about men and relationships: their men, their current relationships, their past relationships, the drama in their lives, what to do in a relationship, what men do, what women do, what they should do, etc. You know the deal. And I'm always interested to hear what they say. You know, to know what people are talking about and to know what are the current dynamics between the sexes. But after about 10 minutes of this talk, I get bored. Very bored. And so its hard for me to be around people and to go to these things if I know I'm gonna get bored. Very hard. Why always talk about the same things? Why the need to talk about men? Isn't there anything else to talk about? And if its not that then its the usual academic talk where the aim is: 1. test you and your knowledge (as if you were in an interview or something) or 2. show off their knowledge or "knowledge" and/or 3. test you. You see why I'm not a people person? I think that's why I end up making friends with younger people, way younger people, like teenagers, because although they have "la pavera y la tonteria tipica de la edad" they are fresh and, for the most part, careless and fun to be around. So yes, this is my frustration now and has been since as long as I can remember: people. And isn't it funny how life goes? When you find out that people who never talked to you, made your life miserable or even acted like you never existed in a past stage of your life suddenly talk to you as if nothing had ever happened? You know, like "hey, wassup girl?" and you're like "uh ha, ok... Good and you?" and then you ask yourself "WTF?" Maybe I need to forget stuff and accept that time changes people and makes people forget and move along, but my problem is that I remember. I remember. Life is funny, or not funny, this way.

6 Comments:
LOL!!!
Ay sobrina como me recuerdas a mi a tu edad!!!
Me parece estar escuchando mis mismas quejas, gracioso...pero te diré ke eso con el paso del tiempo no cambia.Lo siento.
La gente sigue hablando la misma basura siempre y cuesta mucho encontrar alguien con el que compartir ideas(aunque difieras en opinión)..Creo ke a lo largo de mis 55 años solo he encontrado pocas, poquisimas personas con la que el tiempo se me pasara rápido hablando...
Y me pasa igual ke a ti, siempre he andado con gente mas joven ke yo. Curioso. He podido mantener
conversaciones interesantes con gente a la ke le llevaba mas de 30 años. Curioso si...
Hay ke aceptar las cosas como son y punto.
Hoy han subido a comer a la casita la pandilla de amigos y ...lo mismo de siempre, cuando ha pasado una hora ya estoy loka por ke se larguen Jajjaja.
En serio, solo tengo una amiga ke tiene 36 años con la ke disfruto hablando de libros, pintura, música o cine...Y con Pedro que tenemos mucho en común nada mas y Omar que sabe mucho de todo y aprendo y de tí también...
Y ya ves tengo 55 añazos. Ya te acostumbraras a mirar todo desde el otro lado de la barrera en el fondo es divertido !!!
By
Unknown, At
2:07 PM
Thanks for your words Ile. Por lo menos se que no soy una "weirdo" o una "freak". Ojala encuentre alguien con quien hablar, asi como tu y tu amiga, por aqui. Que bueno es encontrar alguien con quien uno tiene cosas en comun, verdad? A mama tambien le pasa igual cuando ella y papa se reunen con sus amigos. Se aburre mucho porque dice que los hombres y las mujeres siempre hablan de las mismas cosas :( Que cosas chica... Ayer fui al cumpleanos de un amigo y no estuvo tan mal. Por lo menos habia mucha gente y pude ir brincando de grupito en grupito y ver de que iba el rollo en cada uno. It was actually good to go out for a little while. What happens is that I'm not good at the art of hanging out. I don't know. I tend to have the feeling that I could be doing something more productive with my time than just hanging out. I should put more work into this. Maybe I should try beer again too. It seems to be key to drink beer (or anything alcoholic) in order to hang out successfully. What is so good about beer anyway? Ugh! Con lo mala que sabe. Smoking seems to be fashionable too. Oh well... Stay tuned for more "Viv's Adventures in Hangin' Out" ;)
By
Viv, At
5:27 PM
pretty much the whole purpose of hanging out is not being productive at all
and yes people do talk about the same thing over and over again, but that's why there's people like you! to start new different topics and whatnot.
either that or you can try andres' early approach to social engagement: stand there nodding accordingly to whatever it's being talked about, after that person finishes or somewhere after the plot ask something very random: "but how does that relate to < your topic of interest > ??" or "AAAHHH, DUH! THAT'S how they kill golem, I'm so stupid"
By
Osoroco, At
9:51 AM
Right, because I'm so talkative. And yes, I'm familiar with Andres' approach. I do that too! I jus sit there and nod smile ;) I'll try that random question technique though. Sounds good. Does it work?
By
Viv, At
12:54 PM
Y kien coño es Andres???
Ke alguien me informe. :P
By
Unknown, At
4:14 AM
Un amigo de Dami que conoce desde que estaban en escuela elemental.
V.
By
Viv, At
1:03 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home