Back From The Dead Part???
Yeah, back from the dead. Again. It seems I always decide to bring this baby back to life in September or sometime close to said month. Yeah. So what to say? So much and at the same time so little. Well, first things first. I moved out of Tally!!!! Yes, people, yes. I moved out of Tally so no more bitchin' 'bout it. Hooray! I moved back to the O.C. Not really Orange County this time but Osceola. Close enough and good enough. Will be sharing a house with Nyd and Jen. Looking forward to good times with roomies :) (Everything will be fine as long as they let me sleep. And they will. Because they know.) So yes, I'm outie from Tallanasty. But lemme tell ya' moving is a bitch. I've moved three times already (by myself) counting this one and I plan on doing it maybe twice more. Tops. That's it. No more! Urgh! I hate it so much. I will start working at VCC teaching Humanities and Freshman Comp. Yeah, welcome to the trenches Viv! But nevertheless I'm looking forward. Gotta practice and learn if I wanna be a professor, which I'm actually starting to doubt. But one thing at a time. First, finish what is started. Then, other plans...
I really don't know what else to say but that it's summer and its been great so far. Sports have helped make it awesome. The FIFA cup and the Juegos Centroamericanos y del Caribe really contributed to my putting together a cool to-do list. Go here, go there, watch this, watch that, meet so and so. Cool and fun. The whole Pulpo (what was its name?) thing was fun and watching our team win the cup was über fun too. Coolness. Hooray for summer and boo for Fall semester getting closer. Boo.
P.S.
In case you're wondering, moving is a bitch because of the actual physical work it represents, the things lost, the things gained, the things that stay in limbo land and the things that lay unknown and unpredictable in the future. I will miss having my own place. I do already. I will miss some aspects of my life in Tally. I will miss (actually currently miss) my friends from Tally, especially Perla and the boys. What would I have done without them and how would I have survived such cruel city without them is beyond me. Thank you universe and the powers that be for putting such awesome people in my path. I will also miss the weather up there, you know how I love the cold. I will miss the trees changing leaves and the pink Fall sky. I will also miss the tranquility of a city that's more a town than a city. The lack of traffic jams or of heavy traffic at all and those Sunday mornings when everyone was at Church and the absence of cars on the streets allowed me to breeze up and down Tennessee almost without stopping. I will miss the nights at Paradigm. And Clyde's. And, yes, Rayn. And karaoke nights at Perla's. I will miss going to the movies with the gang. And going to Ross and spending hours rummaging through the underwear and purse isles. Those hidden treasures! I will miss the talks with Jaime. His advice. His patience for hearing me out, good judgment and willingness to so sincerely share his experiences with me. I will miss going to IHop at 4pm. For breakfast! :) I will miss all that. But most of all moving sucks because its bittersweet. Its bitter leaving but sweet the prospect of a new beginning. Bittersweet leaving behind and bittersweet meeting the unknown. Bitter the leaving and sweet the leaving. Bittersweet the taste also of what is lost and left behind. Bitter the hurt. Bitter the goodbyes, even if they were never said out loud. Because I felt it. Even if "goodbye" was never uttered. Because we all know the consequences of geographic distance. Of any kind of distance. The willingly created, the unwillingly created, the kind that just shows up, and the kind that miles represent. You might not like to say goodbye but you know, we all know, its goodbye and godspeed. Bittersweet leaving admitting defeat (was there one?). Bitter the "what if?s" Bittersweet the leaving behind. Bitter the pain of leaving. Bitter the memory. But sweet as well, at times. Bitter the loss that hurts. Bitter. But what to do but move forward chin up and head held high? Because even if you doubt yourself you know you did what you could. Ah, moving is bittersweet indeed.
I really don't know what else to say but that it's summer and its been great so far. Sports have helped make it awesome. The FIFA cup and the Juegos Centroamericanos y del Caribe really contributed to my putting together a cool to-do list. Go here, go there, watch this, watch that, meet so and so. Cool and fun. The whole Pulpo (what was its name?) thing was fun and watching our team win the cup was über fun too. Coolness. Hooray for summer and boo for Fall semester getting closer. Boo.
P.S.
In case you're wondering, moving is a bitch because of the actual physical work it represents, the things lost, the things gained, the things that stay in limbo land and the things that lay unknown and unpredictable in the future. I will miss having my own place. I do already. I will miss some aspects of my life in Tally. I will miss (actually currently miss) my friends from Tally, especially Perla and the boys. What would I have done without them and how would I have survived such cruel city without them is beyond me. Thank you universe and the powers that be for putting such awesome people in my path. I will also miss the weather up there, you know how I love the cold. I will miss the trees changing leaves and the pink Fall sky. I will also miss the tranquility of a city that's more a town than a city. The lack of traffic jams or of heavy traffic at all and those Sunday mornings when everyone was at Church and the absence of cars on the streets allowed me to breeze up and down Tennessee almost without stopping. I will miss the nights at Paradigm. And Clyde's. And, yes, Rayn. And karaoke nights at Perla's. I will miss going to the movies with the gang. And going to Ross and spending hours rummaging through the underwear and purse isles. Those hidden treasures! I will miss the talks with Jaime. His advice. His patience for hearing me out, good judgment and willingness to so sincerely share his experiences with me. I will miss going to IHop at 4pm. For breakfast! :) I will miss all that. But most of all moving sucks because its bittersweet. Its bitter leaving but sweet the prospect of a new beginning. Bittersweet leaving behind and bittersweet meeting the unknown. Bitter the leaving and sweet the leaving. Bittersweet the taste also of what is lost and left behind. Bitter the hurt. Bitter the goodbyes, even if they were never said out loud. Because I felt it. Even if "goodbye" was never uttered. Because we all know the consequences of geographic distance. Of any kind of distance. The willingly created, the unwillingly created, the kind that just shows up, and the kind that miles represent. You might not like to say goodbye but you know, we all know, its goodbye and godspeed. Bittersweet leaving admitting defeat (was there one?). Bitter the "what if?s" Bittersweet the leaving behind. Bitter the pain of leaving. Bitter the memory. But sweet as well, at times. Bitter the loss that hurts. Bitter. But what to do but move forward chin up and head held high? Because even if you doubt yourself you know you did what you could. Ah, moving is bittersweet indeed.

2 Comments:
Leí tu post hace varios días pero estaba esperando poner un comentario después, cuando me pudiera sentar a gusto a escribir unas líneas y se me pasó ya bastante tiempo.
Deja decirte que me encanta cómo sacas todo lo que traes, aunque sea cada Corpus y San Juan (en Mexicano, esto significa ¨rarely¨).
Creo que no hace falta decir que te extraño mucho. Lo debes de saber. Me llegó mucho lo que comentas sobre mí y quiero que sepas que es completamente mutuo. Ayer hablaba con Perla y comentaba que piensa venir a Orlando pronto, así que será un buen pretexto para reunirnos otra vez.
¿No es curioso que el habernos conocido por unos meses haya creado lazos tan fuertes? Porque yo entiendo que con Perla tenga esa conexión tan fuerte, ¿no? Es como mi hermana. Así la siento. Tantos años de vivir juntos nos unieron muchísimo, pero siento que hay pocas gentes, como tú con las que he logrado sentirme muy cercano en muy poco tiempo. Ese es el tipo de relaciones que vale la pena conservar a la distancia. Muchas gracias por seguirte acordando. Aquí Joel y yo te recordamos con cariño, aunque él se exprese con puras bromas en facebook, creo que puedes leer el subtexto de su mensaje (ejem, ejem, estudiante de doctorado, ejem, ejem, es facilísimo para ti).
Ojalá que todo vaya mucho mejor (lo que necesita ir mejor) y que lo que va bien, siga bien o incluso mejor.
¡¡Un abrazo y estamos en contacto!!
By
Jaime Rivera, At
12:13 AM
Hola Jaime! Que lindas tus palabras. Gracias!! Yo tambien los extrano mucho. Espero ir a Tally en Octubre asi que marca tu calendario ;) Espero Perla pueda venir conmigo. Que mucho nos acordamos de ustedes cuando estabamos en PR. Dios mio. Cada vez que estabamos jangueando nos mirabamos y era como que "ay, si los nenes estuvieran aqui..." o "aqui hacen falta Jaime y Joel". En mi opinion, una reunion es necesaria ;)
A mi tambien me esta muy curioso como nosotros humanos nos relacionamos. Por que es mas facil relacionarse con algunas personas que con otras? Por que hay personas que en un espacio corto de tiempo nos llegan tanto? Por que y como ocurren esas conecciones? Es un tanto misterioso e inexplicable. Lo que si es que amistades tan lindas como esta son pocas en mi vida y por eso las mantengo siempre muy cerca de mi corazon.
Gracias por leer mi blog y por comentar. Los extrano mucho!!
By
Viv, At
12:59 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home