Blog Challenge: Day 1 - Favorite Song
What is your favorite song?
Oof!! I have many favorite songs, many song take me places. It's hard to choose just one. I can immediately think of 2 that I can hear over and over. Every time I hear them, I feel this sense of calm. The world slows down and I am transported. Their lyrics get to me every time. I feel identified.
Here they are, in no particular order:
1. "Live to Tell" - Madonna
2. "Drowned World/Substitute for Love" - Madonna
From "drowned world/substitute for love," the lines that speak to me are
"I traveled round the world
Looking for a home
I found myself in crowded rooms
Feeling so alone [...]
I had so many lovers
Who settled for the thrill [...]
[and]
Mmmmm, ooohhh, mmmmm
Famous faces, far off places
Trinkets I can buy
No handsome stranger, heady danger
Drug that I can try
No ferris wheel, no heart to steal
No laughter in the dark
No one-night stand, no far-off land
No fire that I can spark
Mmmmm, mmmmm"
I haven't traveled round the world, but I have moved 3 times already, which, for me, is a lot. I also have a hard time deciding where home is. Is it PR of FL? I would like to know where I'll end up and would like to have (ideally own) my own place to call home. I've also been in crowded rooms full of people and laughter and felt completely alone, invisible, isolated. How can you feel alone in a crowd? Sounds contradictory, but it can happen. And it's the worst feeling ever. I absolutely hate feeling alone in crowded rooms. Makes me mad, sad, depressed, even more alone than if I was by myself. I abhor that feeling. The next line also speaks to me because I have had approaches from people looking only for a thrill. Nothing wrong about wanting just a thrill, but I would appreciate being thought of as something more than just flesh. The next stanza speaks of love and substitutes that we turn to in lieu love. They give you a temporary high, but nothing more.
"Live to Tell" is just so beautiful. The lines I like the most are:
"The light that you could never see
It shines inside, you can't take that from me [...]
[and]
If I ran away, I'd never have the strength
To go very far
How could they hear the beating of my heart
Will it grow cold
The secret that I hide, will I grow old
How would they hear
When would they learn
How would they know"
How many times have ppl not seen the light inside of you? The beauty that is in you that only you know? The one that takes a little bit more effort to show, to share? Your core, your true self. And how many times have you wanted to say something, share something, but haven't? I think we can all relate to these lines.
Here are the videos. Enjoy :)
What's your favorite song?
Oof!! I have many favorite songs, many song take me places. It's hard to choose just one. I can immediately think of 2 that I can hear over and over. Every time I hear them, I feel this sense of calm. The world slows down and I am transported. Their lyrics get to me every time. I feel identified.
Here they are, in no particular order:
1. "Live to Tell" - Madonna
2. "Drowned World/Substitute for Love" - Madonna
From "drowned world/substitute for love," the lines that speak to me are
"I traveled round the world
Looking for a home
I found myself in crowded rooms
Feeling so alone [...]
I had so many lovers
Who settled for the thrill [...]
[and]
Mmmmm, ooohhh, mmmmm
Famous faces, far off places
Trinkets I can buy
No handsome stranger, heady danger
Drug that I can try
No ferris wheel, no heart to steal
No laughter in the dark
No one-night stand, no far-off land
No fire that I can spark
Mmmmm, mmmmm"
I haven't traveled round the world, but I have moved 3 times already, which, for me, is a lot. I also have a hard time deciding where home is. Is it PR of FL? I would like to know where I'll end up and would like to have (ideally own) my own place to call home. I've also been in crowded rooms full of people and laughter and felt completely alone, invisible, isolated. How can you feel alone in a crowd? Sounds contradictory, but it can happen. And it's the worst feeling ever. I absolutely hate feeling alone in crowded rooms. Makes me mad, sad, depressed, even more alone than if I was by myself. I abhor that feeling. The next line also speaks to me because I have had approaches from people looking only for a thrill. Nothing wrong about wanting just a thrill, but I would appreciate being thought of as something more than just flesh. The next stanza speaks of love and substitutes that we turn to in lieu love. They give you a temporary high, but nothing more.
"Live to Tell" is just so beautiful. The lines I like the most are:
"The light that you could never see
It shines inside, you can't take that from me [...]
[and]
If I ran away, I'd never have the strength
To go very far
How could they hear the beating of my heart
Will it grow cold
The secret that I hide, will I grow old
How would they hear
When would they learn
How would they know"
How many times have ppl not seen the light inside of you? The beauty that is in you that only you know? The one that takes a little bit more effort to show, to share? Your core, your true self. And how many times have you wanted to say something, share something, but haven't? I think we can all relate to these lines.
Here are the videos. Enjoy :)
What's your favorite song?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home