Within Me, Without Me

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Dear fashion addicts,
My most resent trip to the mall has rendered the following findings:
1. Purple (deep amethyst purple) is the color of the season. Stock up girls!
2. Anything leppard print goes. Just remember the rule of thumb: one animal print item in your outfit is enough.
3. Grunge is back. Extra baggy sweaters and flannel have made a comeback. High school anyone?
4. Scottish plaid is everywhere. Scotts of the world rejoyce.
5. The napoleonic trend is not strong (yet). Nevertheless, masculine lines in garments are everywhere.
6. The skinny jean is the "it" item to have. The rule here is: the skinnier the jean the more delicate the shoe has to be.
7. Chunky heels are the new stilletos. Platforms are making a comeback. Again.
8. Extra wide belts have invaded the stores. Cynch anything you have at waist level and accentuate that hourglass figure of yours.

This concludes my report. What's to report about out there?

3 Comments:

  • Vivi you are not helping my addiction ....
    My my what preeeeeetttttyyyyy platforms...
    On my report,

    1-Purple items.CHECK
    2-Leopard silk cami. CHECK
    3-Skinny Jean. CHECK
    4-Wide belts. CHECK CHECK CHECK... Bought 3 jijiiji!
    5-Croc platforms. CHECK... Jajajaj vintage cause I got the a loooong time ago!

    So there I guesss I am ready for duty Fashion Captain !

    By Blogger K, At 9:00 AM  

  • I want skinny jeans '.'

    I think I have a pair, but they're not dark wash so...

    Also, I don't know if I fit into them anymore. :P

    And as for the fashion report, I can't really help since I'm trying to stay away from the mall. xD

    By Blogger Stella, At 9:51 AM  

  • Verdad que si Ile? La moda es lo mismo en todas partes. Pero lo que si cambia es el estilo y el "look". La ropa y la tonalidad de los colores no son iguales en Europa y aqui. Me he dado cuenta de eso. Verdad que el grunge es interesante. Voy a sacar mis camisas de flannel de high school para ponermelas :)

    Y la moda es como un ciclo. Todo vuelve. Aburrido pero a la misma vez divertido porque siempre cambian las cosas un poquito. Ahora mismo estamos en una mezcla de los 70's, 80's y 90's. Como de definira la moda de los 2000's? Una mezcla de todo? No se me ocurre nada distintivo de los 2000's (hasta ahora).

    Pretty platform huh K-Lo? Yummy. I knew you would reply to this post :)

    Stella: You can find cool (and inexpensive) skinny jeans at Old Navy. I also saw some at the Gap that were pretty cool but not as cheap (you know the Gap can be expensive). I would go with Old Navy. I have skinny jeans in dark blue and grey. Bad thing is that they're supposed to be tight and they're not anymore :( but :) at the same time ;)

    By Blogger Viv, At 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home