Within Me, Without Me

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Silhouettes


I have been checking out pics from the various fashion weeks that have taken place recently (NYC, Milan, etc) and have noticed that this silhouette has been popping up quite frequently. The first dress is Versace and the second one is Alberta Ferretti. I like both dresses because they look elegant and comfortable. They are loose fitting, but they don't looks like garbage bags tied around the waste.

From what I've seen, loose fitting clothes are the new "it", just look at the wide array of wide legged jeans and trousers out there. This shift in fit and cut was totally expected after the skinny jean craze. We had gone skin tight, where else could we go but the opposite way? I totally dig and embrace this 360 volta because, lets face it, skinny jeans are not big-hip or big-thigh friendly. In addition, wide legged pants are, in my opinion, more comfortable than skinnies. But don't throw away your skinnies just yet! They can still come in very handy when putting together that oh so sexy, and hip again, grunge look. So get loose! But not too loose ;)

2 Comments:

  • where those halloween themed fashion shows? cause those women sure have that look on their face. the look of BRRAAAAINNNZZZ!! BRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINNZZZ!!!

    By Blogger Osoroco, At 7:44 AM  

  • Yeah, you're right. The look like zombies. Kinda scary.

    By Blogger Viv, At 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home