Within Me, Without Me

Friday, May 23, 2008

Hello Everyone and I'm Sorry

Hellooooo everyone! And I'm sorry i haven't really written in a while. I know, all I've been doing lately is posting stuff about SATC: The Movie and Madonna. The reality is that there is nothing really to say : ( All has been the same over here. Right now, I'm taking summer classes and teaching. I'm taking Reading French Knowledge or translating French for the arts and sciences. Its a really shitty class product of a ridiculous requirement. The premise of this class is to teach you to translate French into English and all we do is, you guessed it, translate and revise our translations. Its ridiculous and tedious. What is the purpose of this class? Beats me. We're not really learning the language, you know? I really hope I pass this exam because I don;t think I could stand taking this class during an entire semester, which is why I'm taking it now. I wanna be over with it. Hopefully, everything will go as planned.

The other thing I'm doing is teaching a modern humanities undergrad course. The fact that I got this section is a miracle and there is one very special person I have to thank for this. She gave up this section for me to have and be able to teach during summer B. She's so sweet. So I got the class (woohooo!) and I'm in love with it. Its so much fun! Granted, its a lot of work. I had to put together a syllabus in record time (all thanks to the efficiency of my dear department) and I also had to get all the resources on BlackBoard for the students to have. Translation: making lots of PDF's and making lots of decisions (Emerson or Thoreau?). I'm still putting stuff up on BlackBoard. Its also been lots of work because I've had to read up on stuff I was rusty or plain ignorant about. The Enlightenment is not really my area, you know? Nevertheless, I am really enjoying it and really glad I'm doing it. I love the class and my students are amazing this semester. I have a really good group. Yay! I really hope I get to teach it again, which is unfortunately doubtful by the looks of it. Apparently, everyone wants to teach this class. I wonder why... Could it be because many people want to get out of Multicultural Film (the class that I've taught for 2 semesters now)? Methinks this is the case.

Well, I won't bore you guys with more school stuff. You see why I tell you that its been the same ol' thing over here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home