Within Me, Without Me

Sunday, December 04, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 12 — Explain How You Got One of Your Scars

My biggest and most noticeable scar I got because I am too curious and mischievous. I was 2 years old. My mom was cooking and asked my dad to keep an eye on me. Dad was watching TV and took his eyes off me for a second. That second was enough for me to go to the kitchen and topple over the pot full of boiling water that my mom had on the stove. The water poured all over me. I was drenched in boiling water. My parents rushed me to the hospital and the rest you already know: bandages, ointments, periodical visits to get new bandages, screaming and tears, etc. Luckily, everything healed good except the upper portion of my right arm. And luckily also, I was too young when this happened so I don't remember much of it. I have only 1 faint memory of the incident: an image I've always had in my mind that I told mom about and she confirmed the scenario existed. It was not something I had made up. I've always had my scar. It's noticeable, but not too much. I'm used to it and don't care about it. Sometimes people ask me what happened to my arm and I look at them baffled and ask back "what happened to my arm?" I'm not being impossible. I'm just so used to it being there I don't notice it. I forget about it. Others notice it, but I don't. That's me and that's my scar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home