
Technically, I do not have a pet at the moment. My baby Cobi, my most precious, my love, passed this last summer. My parents had to put him down because he was too old and suffering from bad health. It was a tough thing to do, but he was suffering too much. This post is an homage to him. As you can observe in the above picture, he was a cutie. He was furry and huggable. He was loyal and protected us from whatever element, no matter its nature or size. He was fearless. He once took on an Akita who intruded on his territory. It was pretty scary, the Akita was pretty brutal, and my baby was pretty shaken, but he survived. What a scare that was. He was also very loving and never liked to be alone. He was always with whoever was in the house, most probably at his/her feet. He was also very smart. You can count on him being in the coolest place in the house on the hottest day. So, all you had to do was follow him there to cool off from the smoldering Caribbean heat. Cobi also was a hunter. He hunted down lizards and snakes and rats and whatever he found in the backyard. I remember him coming up with his snout and paws full of mudd. He also liked to rub on dead animals. You know, because they smell so good. He also rubbed on mom's rosemary and oregano so sometimes he smelled really yummy. I can keep telling you of memories I have of him like the time he ran away and my brother tackled him football player style. That was funny. I could also tell you of the many times he attempted to run away but was intercepted on time, mostly by being held back by his collar or tail. Whatever we could grab. This not always worked. Sometimes he had to take the car and go look for him. He liked to run away. He was curious, I guess. He barked on command. We taught him that. He cold stand on his hind legs and beg. We taught him that, too. He was really everyone's baby in our house. If anything happened to him, we were all always with him trying to make it better. Like the time he had to get surgery for a hernia. Poor baby, that was hard for him. But he made it out ok. Cobi was pretty much the perfect dog. He lived a good life and he made ours better. I will always remember him :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home