Within Me, Without Me

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Blog Challenge Day 15 — A Poem You Wrote.

I've been writing poems since the 10th grade and already have several notebooks full of them. I am away from the last notebook I just finished at the moment, but I can dig up one from one of the notebooks I have here at home in P.R. It is not one of my best, but it's what I have here. This poem does not have a title. It is part of a series I started years ago (don't exactly remember when though I think I started it at some point when I lived here and was doing my B.A.) and have picked up and forgotten throughout the years. The series is titled 'The Tired Series" and this is poem #34. I'm not exactly sure, but I think I wrote it in '08. Here it is:
#34
I am tired
Of going back to the past
And thinking
It was better
Than the now
Because, back then,
It wasn't better
Or more glamorous
It was just "now"
Like now is now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home